property articles in hendon

I am thinking of letting my property and am unsure if I will need a managing agent or not?

Published: 08/11/2022

This is a common query, often people think it will be relatively easy, but then discover how many aspects of management actually start to occupy their time. Between all the legally required compliance checks, maintenance requests and control of rent (and so much more) this can often be a lot to handle.

Ensuring that you comply with all the relevant legislation in an ever-changing field, from gas safety to electrical checks, and smoke and CO2 alarms to HMO licencing, it can be a lot to keep up with. What to do and when to do it? Are there any new regulations? For example, did you know that as from the 1st of October all rental properties with gas fixed appliances, are legally required to have a Carbon Monoxide alarm? And that HMO licencing schemes in Barnet changed from the end of October to include many more rental properties. As a landlord these are all things you are required to know – unless you have a managing agency who takes care of it all for you.

And then you have the tenant who calls you at 9PM with a leak. Would you know who to call? Do you know what your legal obligations are?

And what about the tenant who refuses to pay rent. Tenants cannot just be evicted out of your property because they haven’t paid on time. You still need to follow the full legal due process.

That is where a professional letting and managing agent can come in – contact Roundtree today for all your management requests: 020 82032111 or